July 05, 2013

A Bowlful of Hexies

I have been basting blue hexies like crazy so I could have as many as possible finished before we leave for Florida.
Each little bundle holds 20, so I have now basted 375 blue hexies! Woo Hoo! That means I have more than half the blue ones I will need for my quilt (336 being the halfway point), and I have less than 300 left to go to reach the 672 total. And I won't be basting any more hexies for a while. This chick needs a change...time to actually sew some of these together.

Just in case you're wondering, I don't actually think I will sew all of these while we're on vacation. I do plan to do other things, like look at the scenery as we drive, ride roller coasters, swim with sharks and shop (anyone know a good fabric store in the Orlando area?). However, I really don't want to run out of stitching before we get home, so I figured way over prepared would be better than under prepared.

By the way, that beautiful wooden bowl holding the hexies...that's my Dad's handiwork.

1 comment:

  1. You and your dad are quite talented! That is a lot of hexies! I dont know exactly what you have planned, but I bet it will be fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message. I love hearing from you.