September 19, 2013

September Sugar Block Club

Well, not much sewing has been happening here lately. All last week I was getting ready to go away for the weekend to a Women's Ministries retreat with my mother-in-law and sisters-in-law. It was a fantastic weekend and it's always wonderful to spend time together. Then, when I came home, my parents were here from Nova Scotia (actually, they arrived the same day I left for the retreat!) so we were visiting and having a great time together. Paul and my dad even tore down a row of upper cupboards that used to divide our kitchen and dining room. What a big difference that made!

 Last night I stitched together my September block for the Sugar Block Club. I love it! It feels so calm and soothing. It's hard to believe there are only 3 blocks left.

Since I was chain piecing the units for the block, I also assembled a few more leader/ender 4-patch blocks. I now have 91. Slowly but surely I'll have enough for a quilt, all while working on other things! Do you use Bonnie Hunter's leader/ender method?
21 new scrappy 4-patches
I even managed to do a little work on Mom's Christmas present. I had hoped to have it finished before she got here so she could take it home with her, but I'm not even close. Oh well, at least Christmas is still 96 days away!

It sure feels good to have spent a little time at my machine again. I'm linking up today with Kelly at Needle and Thread Thursday.







2 comments:

  1. I've never used that method but I will certainly check it out. Your blocks are o pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your block is really pretty! I've never tried that method before!

    Thanks for linking up to Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message. I love hearing from you.